Filed under: In the press | Tags: amber, apple, Baby, bamboo leaf mist, bergamot, blackberry, blond wood, candied violet, celebrity perfumes, clementine, cocounut, cottonwoods, cranberry, creamy paperwhites, creamy vanilla orchid, crystal amber, Egyptian jasmine, floral, freesia, fruity, G, Gwen Stefani, Harajuku Lovers, Harajuku Lovers perfume, heliotrope, hinoki wood, honeysuckle, jasmine, jasmine petals, Jasmine Sambac, Lil' Angel, living hydroponic lace rose, lollipop accord, Love, magnolia, magnolia vapor, mandarin, Music, musk, nectarine blossom, New, orange flower, peach, pear, pear blossom, petally ylang, pineapple, pink pomelo, pomelo, raspberry, Sensual Musk, skin musk, soft wood, sparkling bergamot, sparkling pear, sugared rose, sweet pea, tiare flower, vanilla, violet, watery peony, white musk, white rose, white sandalwood, woods
Coming in September 2008, Harajuku Lovers perfume by Gwen Stefani! Five scents will be released in this line, all available in two sizes (10 mL and 30 mL) and in solid perfume form (as a set of all five). Each fragrance is molded after Gwen’s four real-life Harajuku girls (Love, [Lil’] Angel, Music, and Baby). The fifth scent shall represent their leader, “G.”
The bottles are two-piece “dolls” that are molded according to their real life Harajuku counterpart, making displaying these on your vanity counter that much more fun.
Below is what you can expect out of each of these scents:
Love — a floral with notes of bergamot, pomelo (citrus, a little like grapefruit), peach, rose, jasmine, orchid and musk
Lil’ Angel — a fruity floral with with notes of different berries (raspberry, cranberry, blackberry), pineapple, rose and amber
Music — a floral with notes of clementine, pear, jasmine, sweet pea, honeysuckle, vanilla and musk
Baby — a powder musk with freesia, bergamot, rose, jasmine, musk, heliotrope, vanilla and violet
G — a food lover’s fragrance with mandarin, coconut, apple, freesia and sandalwood
Continue reading for more specific details on what notes to expect!
- LOVE is a floral with top notes of sparkling bergamot, pink pomelo, peach and bamboo leaf mist; a heart of watery peony, living hydroponic lace rose, jasmine sambac, nectarine blossom, creamy paperwhites and Egyptian jasmine, and a drydown of petally ylang, creamy vanilla orchid, sensual musk and blond wood.
- LIL’ ANGEL is a fruity floral with notes of raspberry, cranberry, blackberry and pineapple; a heart of pear blossom, candied violet and sugared rose, and a drydown of lollipop accord, hinoki wood and crystal amber.
- MUSIC has top notes of clementine and sparkling pear; a heart of jasmine sambac, sweet pea and honeysuckle, and a drydown of vanilla, skin musk and sleek woods.
- BABY has top notes of freesia, bergamot and white rose; a heart of orange flower, tiare flower and jasmine petals, and a drydown of white musk, soft woods, heliotrope, vanilla and violet.
- G has top notes of crisp mandarin, fresh coconut and apple skin; a heart of jasmine sambac, soft freesia and magnolia vapor, and a drydown of coconut cream, white sandalwood and cottonwoods.
Editor’s note: While some have chosen to prematurely criticize these upcoming fragrances, I can’t wait to sample each of them! Only a true perfume snob would pass judgment on a perfume [line] simply because of it’s designer, what the bottle looks like, the name of the scent, etc. I give Gwen credit in keeping things fresh and fun – her fan base may have a large demographic but a good part of it consists of the younger audience.. to simply ignore that aspect of your market would be pretty imbecilic, wouldn’t you say?
41 Comments so far
Leave a comment